His reaction to new things is usually a large smile and a laugh. When he really likes it, he inhales loudly in which case we try to calm him down for fear of him choking...
I'm amazed that he's perfectly content to sit in his high chair for over an hour watching us cook and then slowly eating his meal. Lunch and dinner seem to be his favorite... He tolerates breakfast, but it's not his favorite.
Below are a few pictures of him trying and learning new things.
This past Sunday we celebrated his 1st birthday by making Filet of Buffalo Bourguignon. He love it, particularly the carrots.
He also had his first dose of sugar after eating the Carmel Cake. We substituted half of the flour with blue corn meal... It wasn't the prettiest cake I've ever seen, perhaps next time I'll just make it a single layer, but it was delicious! Bekila enjoyed the carmel topping very much!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehow awesome! look at the joy in his face... definitely a food connoisseur ;-)
ReplyDeleteLovely photos!
-Daniel M.
What a fun reaction...just laugh at what's new! So fun! Axel is the complete opposite. When he sits down, there better be something good waiting or he lets us know with a very impatient squeal/scream. Then it's down to business...gobble up the food that we like (mostly fruit, especially blueberries) and then pick at the other stuff. Then, ask for more fruit or start slowly dropping things off the edge of the seat to show we are all done with the meal. Every once in awhile, he'll sit there content watching us cook. Not often enough! What a treat for Bekila to experience all those foods. I don't think I've even tried those things! LOL! Love the photos...what kind of camera are you using?
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post:) We received your announcement this week, too...thank you so much. The script on the inside brought me to tears. You are a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteA foodie at such a young age. Wow, I wonder what he'll become as a young man; probably a famous chef!
ReplyDelete