Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I can't decide if changes in Bekila are happening more quickly or less quickly than I anticipated... Either way, they're happening! His first two teeth came in about 4 weeks ago. They're finally big enough to see without pulling his lip down. The arrival of his teeth was fairly uneventful. It sort of felt like they just poked through one day; no excessive drooling, crying or chewing. We'll see if the others come in that way...


Here he is showing off his two chompers and new summer hat.

The other big change is his desire to walk. Since we got home he has pulled himself up on furniture, walls, and toys. A couple of weeks ago, he became very nimble walking behind his toy car; able to steer it in any direction he wanted to go, including backing up. Then, last week he started letting go and putting his arms on top of his head, seeming to say, "Look Ma, no hands!"

Last night he took is first steps... He walked to his grandma... It was so cute. My heart overflowed with excitement. He arrived on my mom's lap and then clapped for himself with a large grin on his face. So proud of himself, as were we of him. Dave, my mom and I were all there to witness the first steps and made sure the little man knew just how proud of and excited for him we were.

The arrival of the first steps, was not as pain free as the arrival of his first teeth. For the past week he hasn't slept for longer than a 2 hour stretch, most commonly waking up every one and half hours; He struggled going down for naps and was slightly more fussy than usual. Last night after practicing his new skills for about an hour he went to bed and slept well. This morning he went down for a nap with no struggle. It's as if he's content again. His brain has settled down now that he has figured this walking thing out. I can't wait to see how he progresses over the next couple of weeks.

Practicing his skills.

I don't know the exact date his first teeth appeared, but I do know his first steps were on March 15, 2010... Just shortly after his first birthday. I'm excited to see what new changes the months to come bring, but I'm cherishing each and every day in hopes the time doesn't fly by too quickly.

4 comments:

  1. This is crazy seeing him standing there without anyone holding his hands! I can not WAIT to see him walking :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this boy and I miss him! Happy belated birthday to my future son-in-law! Sending you lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little man...cruising around the house and yes, these big milestones help everything! Hopefully sleeping is getting better for you. Mommy-brain-hurt is no fun from lack of sleep. Love you lady...thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! you know your a true blog stalker when you find someone you spent time in ET with! I found your blog and I was looking the pictures and thought HEY I KNOW THESE PEOPLE! I can't believe how big your little guy is getting! Mamo is doing great too!!

    ReplyDelete