Thursday, April 8, 2010

Alive and Well

Despite my absence on this blog for the past several weeks, we are alive and doing very well... I think I'm just trying to cherish every minute we have together before I head back to work on Monday.

For two of the past four weeks we were on a little vacation to visit my dad and grandma in Montrose, CO (my home town) and then down in Phoenix to visit Dave's folks. The time away was enjoyed by everyone and our little man proved to be a trooper in the car for a total of 26 hours of diving.

Bekila discovered swimming pools; hot pools in cold weather and cold pools in hot weather... He loved both.


And, Wallace discovered swimming with Bekila can provide quite the entertainment...






We spent 2-3 hours most days for a week in Dave's parent's swimming pool. Each swimming session followed by a food and a nap.

It was amazing how Bekila adapted to being away; Quickly settling in to each new place and sleeping well. I thought for awhile he was just as comfortable away from home as he is at home... That theory was disproved when we arrived home after two weeks away and he was the happiest I've ever seen him. Laughing histerically at everything and chattering up a storm. It was like the time away solidified that this is his home and we are his parents. I think it was really good for everyone.

I have endless posts building in my head and hope that as I return to work, I'll get into a routine and actually get around to getting my thoughts and photos up here. We'll see what happens. My biggest priority right now is enjoying time with my little family. Every day I love it more.

6 comments:

  1. SO excited to see you again:) I've missed you and been wondering if you may still be coming for a visit? LOVE the video with Wallace. That is so precious. Missing you much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to catch up with you via a new post. i am so lame. i haven't posted anything since right before we left. i can't believe you already have to go back to work, that we've been home that long. somehow it feels like it must be longer. i feel like, surely, i've known her forever, that i have belonged to her forever, that our little nest at the new flower was so long ago but yet ... it also feels like yesterday! some things feel so new. ???
    anyways, miss you guys and are so glad you had an awesome road trip.
    i really hope we get to see you soon!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this not the most beautiful family ever? ! Haven't seen you all as much as I wish, but I am still so glad to be a part of all of this and I think it is so wonderful how seamlessly you all have connected together. It is as if it has always been this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos say so much about how beautifully your 'little man' is growing and thriving! Yeah!

    A friend of your dad's...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the post. So great to see you all and oh, how I miss OURAY! I LOVE THE DOG VIDEO! Too perfect! GREAT BIG HUGS. Call when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute video and cute family.

    A PAP

    ReplyDelete