Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Tough...

This waiting thing; it's tough... I knew it would be, but for the first couple of weeks after we got our referral it was easier to "wait" than before the referral. I had a name to say, a face to focus on, and we had made a giant leap forward in our process. This week that ease of waiting seemed to change for me, I'm not sure why, but it did.

I think about him, our Little Bee, ALL. THE. TIME.

At first I wasn't dreaming about him at night, but now I am. Last night was one of those nights where despite sleeping all night long, I woke up feeling like I didn't sleep a bit because my mind was so busy processing, processing so many different things.

When my eyes opened this morning, I reached above my head to grab my iPod that has the 5 pictures we have of him on it, the same 5 pictures I look at at least 5 times a day. I stare at them wondering what he's doing, what his personality is like, how much he's growing, and the list goes on...

I just read another adoption blog, that seemed to validate my feelings.... as she said, "I always thought it was a bit cheesy when people said they have fallen in love with a picture, but I get it." And , now I do too... I have fallen in love with this little guy, his eyes, his lips, his little fingers, and the wise look on his face. I love him.

Thankfully Dave is home now after being in Wyoming for work all week. It's always easier when he's around; he helps makes me sane.

Sorry for the choppyness of this post, but it gives you a little glimpse of what it's like to be in this head of mine at the moment...

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Before you know it you'll be sending him off to his first day of kindergarten... then you will turn around and he'll be off to college. Time flies... except when you need it to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Fellow IAN-er ... just joined the baby boy and baby girl WLs this week! Just found your blog and was thrilled to read about your quick progress.

    I can only imagine how it feels to have a few pictures and so much love. Hopefully one of our traveling families will bring you back some more pics and news. Congrats on the referral!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the Sherpani! What an AWESOME gift!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT AND THEY HAVE A WONDERFUL WARRENTY! We're on our second one. :) Love your posts and so impressed by your canning skills. I too love tomatoes (home grown ones) and could eat them all day long. Mine at home are probably perfect to eat right now...bummer! Be sure to make lots of tasty salsa too....mmmm nothing better. So, it looks like food should continue to distract you through the waiting. I know it's hard but before you know it, he'll be in your arms!!! We can't wait either and are so excited for you. Hang in there lady. We LOVE YOU! See you soon.- JMLA

    ReplyDelete