Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Smile.

Yesterday I saw Little Bee's smile for the first time and my heart melted... again. Until yesterday morning all the pictures I had seen of our little guy were serious. Cute, but serious. To see him smile not in one, but in two pictures gave me such relief. It's not that I thought something was wrong, but there's something about seeing his gummy smile and one with his tongue sticking out just a little bit that let me know he's okay. Despite the loss he has experienced and fear he has felt in his sort 7 months on this planet, he is still resilient and he can still smile.

We also got a video of him! It is 26 seconds long and I've watched it at least 10 times and am sure I'll watch it 100 more times before he comes home. It's not exactly action packed, but he blinks, reaches for the camera and kicks his legs! I'm sure it has to be strange for him having all these electronic devices shoved in his face, but one day I hope he'll be just as happy as we are to see these pictures and videos that are documenting this time in his life.

Thanks to my mom, I've also already started a little scrapbook for him. Every time I get new pictures they go in and I write him a little message... It's another thing I cherish now and hope he will in the future...

A huge thank you goes out to the families who took all these pictures and video of him while they were picking up their children... I'm so thankful they were able to hold our Little Bee and capture these treasures to tie us over until we have him in our arms.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! It's amazing when you see their smile for the first time! I know you are loving the video! Hopefully Bee will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete