In our little town of Manitou Springs we have what Dave calls, "The Ultimate Stair Master". However, it's true name is
The Incline. Until 1990, The Incline was a cable car route that took passengers to the top of Mount Manitou. Since then, the tracks have been removed and only the railroad ties remain, which serve as the perfect stairs for the 2,200 foot climb.
Last week, when my Aunt Annie was in town, she put us up to the challenge of tackeling it, which Dave and I had yet to do since moving here in 2007. So, on a foggy Sunday morninig, Dave, the dogs, my aunt, my mom, and I headed out for our first attempt... We made it to the Bail-Out Point which is half way...

Above, Dave is standing on level ground to take the picture... clearly I am not.

Looking up!

Looking down...

My Aunt Annie (the inspiration in doing this thing), my mom, and me... of course the dogs too...

The view from Bail-Out Point... Our little town of Manitou below...
We had so much fun that Dave and I decided we were going to try to do this little physical challenge once a week. So, on Friday afternoon, we headed out with the top of The Incline in sight. And...

We made it!
This is just one of the many wonderful adventures to be had "in our backyard".
Can't wait to see it for ourselves!!
ReplyDeleteVeeeeerrrrryyyy nice! By the way, I think the "cable car" was really a cog rail line - other wise we might be zip lining DOWN the Incline rather than climbing up the ties. Not sure which I would rather (not) do!
ReplyDelete