On Thursday, August 20 at 11:45 a.m. my cell phone range and my world changed... I was told I was going to be a mother. A mother to a 6 month old baby boy. I saw his picture and my heart melted. While I won't be posting any pictures of him until after we have him home, I can tell you, he's BEAUTIFUL! Amazing big brown eyes, thick eye lashes, the most amazing eye brows, a round little head, and perfect little ears, lips, and nose. And for now on this blog, he will be referred to as Little Bee.
"So, now what?" you ask... Now, we wait. We wait for a court date and then we keep our fingers crossed that we pass court quickly and that they will tell us he is ours and we can bring him home. Our best guess is some time in late November or December we will travel to go pick up our Little Bee, but we also have to remember, this is international adoption which can be unpredictable... But true to Darcy form, I will remain optimistic and remain hopeful that Little Bee will be in our arms before Christmas.
12 years ago
Congrats!! It's so amazing when you finally see the face you have been dreaming of so long! I will pray that court passes the first time for you!
ReplyDeleteDear Dave and Darcy, you and Little Bee will be in my prayers. I am an adoptee (of 52 years) and know the value of family. Ours is an extended/blended family who has endured all the normal ups and downs but in the scheme of the big picture, it is wonderful and I would not have it any other way.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see picture of the little guy! There is something very special knowing that you are a "chosen one".
My parents always celebrated our adoption (I have a natural brother who was adopted with me) anniversary with a traditional dinner (always the same menu) each year, on our "official date". We used the best china and silver, had family come, received small gifts and lots of love to "remember" our special day. It is a memory I carry with me today, long after I lost my parents. Perhaps that is something you will want to do as well. Whatever you decide to do, I am sure you will be great parents.
I hope our little Anna Mox Richards (our grand daughter) will soon be sharing her toys with Little Bee.
Blessing to you all, and lets hope the courts work quickly. It would be great to celebrate Thanksgiving with someone special in your arms as you pass the potatoes.
Jessica Mox (Kellie Mox Richard's step-mom).
Thanks so much for your comments and sharing your story, Jessica! It's wonderful to hear from you and loved hearing the story about your childhood celebration. I love hearing how families celebrate their "forever days" and hope to do something special Little Bee will always remember...
ReplyDeleteDave & Darcy,
ReplyDeleteWe'll we just had dinner with Kellie, Blake and Anna and heard the great news. You must be on cloud nine waiting for your Little Bee. We'll we look forward to hearing more and seeing pictures.
Kevin & Alicia & Aidan
Who knows maybe all nine of us could see each other again?