Thursday, August 6, 2009

Still Waiting... and Trying to Maintain Patience

Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about you, or this blog... No movement on the wait lists since I last posted. We're still just patiently waiting... some days we're more successful at the "patient" part than others. In the mean time we've been riding our bikes a lot, a little bit of camping, and now spending 5 days with my dad in Montrose, all of which make the time pass a little bit more quickly.

I find myself struggling between wanting the time to pass quickly and not wanting to wish these next several months of my life away and it's proving to be a daily challenge. I keep saying, "my head is somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean on our way to pick up our little one." This has resulted in some silly mistakes like, leaving my cell phone on the bumper of my car and driving away, and writing a check for numerical one amount and then writing in out long hand for another amount. Both very honest mistakes, but nonetheless frustrating for me. So, now I'm trying to focus on being present in the moment both physically and mentally... Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the wait game is a hard one. When I was waiting, I flused my phone down the toilet! Not pretty! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be patient young Jedi. :) Time goes by too fast. Take a look at our blog to see proof. :) We are excited to see you next month. Miss you guys tons. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the good news comes soon. In the meantime, enjoy the time together as life will be very different in the near future. Take care Kevin Harris

    ReplyDelete