It seems like just yesterday I received word we moved up to #5 on the baby boy list; it was actually 2.5 weeks ago... I was going to post immediately, but got carried away with life and now, now we are #3! We are also #6 on the sibling list and #7 on the baby girl list. So what does this mean??? Well, first off, it's looking pretty promising we'll be bringing home a little boy! Still, only time will tell, however we have a feeling we could receive a referral much sooner than we had originally anticipated; maybe even as early as August. We still then have to then get a court date, pass court, get an embassy date, travel to pick up our Little One, and a lot of other small details in between. With all that said it feels like we're so much closer!
Being #3 makes this adoption process feel so real. Initially Dave and I said, things will start to get really exciting when we're above #5. Then when we went on the list at #6, we thought, "Okay, I guess things will get "really exciting" when we're #2 or #3... Well here we are, and yes, things are indeed "really exciting"! I told my mom I found myself gasping for air when I got the e-mail from our coordinator with the news this afternoon... I think it was an attempt to fight off the tears of happiness and excitement. A little piece of me can only imagine the feeling and reaction I'll have when we get "the call". The call that tells us there's a little one over in Ethiopia waiting to become a part of our family... I can only imagine and I can't wait! But for now I will do just that... Wait... Wait patiently and with excitement...
Darcy...remember me from our last training? I just wanted to tell you that I am so excited for you guys! I hope that things move soooooo fast for you... only one person ahead of you needs a baby boy referral before you get yours since #1 is in a holding pattern... WHOO HOO!! We are #6 on the baby girl list so we are right with you there. Anyway...just wanted you to know we are cheering and waiting with you!
ReplyDeleteSarah Flowers
HURRAY - HURRAY - HURRAY!! I'm sooo excited I can hardly stand it. What a little surprise to see this post and it looks like I'm behind because it's from the 14th of July!! I miss you tons and am so happy for you. This is so exciting to be a little closer. :) Yippppeeeeee!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear the wonderful news!!! Feeling so elated for you and Dave. Hugs and kisses to you. Love, Kell
ReplyDelete