A couple of weeks ago my mom told us about a ride in Colorado Springs called the Starlight Spectacular. It's an event to benefit the Trails and Open Space of Colorado Springs that started at 11:59 pm with either a 14 or 24 mile loop and ended with breakfast. We thought, "That sounds like fun, but can we stay up that late?!?!" In an effort to prove we're not complete old folks, we registered and decided to go for it. Well... It was a blast!!! There were so many people and it was such a beautiful evening we were completely energized and forgot it was so late.
Here I am. You can't tell, but I had my bike tricked out with battery powered, LED Christmas lights...

Each of the aid stations had a theme... the one we stopped at was the Wild West; complete with a tipi, campfire, and covered wagon.


Full of pancakes and tired from a 24 mile, surreal ride in the dark, we crawled into bed at 3 am...
We had so much fun, we decided this will become an annual event... Next year will be complete with a bike trailer and bambino in tow!
I love the idea of the ride and I waaant David's jersey!! Looks like so much fun!
ReplyDelete-Autumn