Monday, November 2, 2009

Showered with Love and Suport

On Sunday, Oct 25, 2009 my mother and two very dear friends hosted the most amazing baby shower I have ever experienced. I imagine part of my amazement has to do with the fact that the shower was for me, but nonetheless, I do think it was the most amazing one I've ever been to. They carried the global theme of Little Bee's nursery in to the shower in an absolutely beautiful way.

Complete with wines from around the world, Ethiopia trivia, adoption quiz, the Ethiopian flag, and children's books related to each guests' heritage, it was perfectly fit for a prospective adoptive mother. I can't believe the creativity, love and support that went into each element of the day. I wanted to pause each moment, take it in, and cherish it. It went by so quickly, but I remember it vividly...

Ann, food and wine extraordinaire. Selected beer and wine from around the world and labeled each bottle with the corresponding country flag.
Delicious Food

Mary and Julie... Two women who have first hand experience with adoption from Ethiopia... Can't wait for our little ones to play together.

Kate, Nikki, Julie, Judy (Dave's mom) and Auntie Jesse enjoying conversation and food.

Kellie and Anna came all the way from Michigan... It meant SO much to have them there. (Note the handmade flag garland that served as a decoration)

Opening one of several children's books I received related to each guests' heritage.


Handmade stained glass balloons, by Auntie Jesse, that are now hanging in the window of Little Bee's room.

Zoki and a stuffed dog from him that I'll be sending to Little Bee once we pass court.

I was over come with emotion the entire day of my shower. Partly because Little Bee was heavily on my mind, but mostly because I felt so overwhelmed with all the love and support I have from so many amazing women in my life... Dave and I are truely blessed to have the community of friends and family that we do... How did we get so lucky???


1 comment:

  1. I still owe you the pictures I took from the shower!! I'm writing myself a note right now! Love, Kell

    ReplyDelete