Just yesterday my friend Julie asked me how I was feeling regarding the whole "adoption thing" and I said, "really at peace actually". Then this morning I woke up feeling very different; Today I was unsettled, teary, and worried. That's how my emotions seem to go... I have a whole new appreciation for the term "emotional roller coaster".
At 4:00 this afternoon I was crouched down in front of the dryer changing out a load of laundry and I lost it, why I'm not sure, but I did. So, I sat down on the couch to gather myself, took a few deep breaths, changed my music selection, and randomly checked my e-mail...
At that moment, my day turned around... An e-mail from our coordinator...
WE HAVE A COURT DATE...
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2009!!!!
Oh, what a lovely way to start our weekend... Ahhhh....
12 years ago
OH MY GOSH...I've got chills!!! I'm so excited for you. Only one month away....I'm jumping up and down for you. Literally. Love, Kell
ReplyDeleteWonderful news!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!!! And really happy for you!! I just noticed that it will be just about 9 months from the time you submitted your application to IAN.
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Congrats, D! (&D)!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh happy day! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! I can't wait to give this little guy a hug! BTW, I'm sure you know this, but I've read that ALL new moms go through significant hormonal changes in preparation for their new baby. Not to minimize the significance of how you're feeling, of course! I keep being told that the pre-baby ups and downs are just getting us ready for parenthood. . .yikes! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, what great news...
ReplyDeleteYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been out of town and just found what I was looking for. Awesome Darcy!
Emotions to a whole new level...welcome to motherhood. Oh, I'm just SOOOOOO excited. Chills everywhere. We love you and little bee too. BIG HUGS & LOTS OF LOVE!! -JMLA