One week from today we'll (hopefully) find out the outcome of our court hearing. I throw hopefully in there because there is always a slight chance something might happen and our case could be postponed. Something being a power outage, unscheduled meetings, or just life in general... Resulting in our case not being heard.
Anyway, the biggest struggle for me during the past week, and I'm sure it will remain the case in the week to come, is finding a balance. A balance between being hopefully optimistic and carefully pessimistic. In my "heart of hearts" I feel good about the outcome of our court hearing, but I feel the need to protect and prepare myself for the possibility of what may be... not passing. Not passing doesn't mean game over, no Little Bee. It means, getting another court date, usually in the not too distant future, our facilitator in Ethiopia getting missing paper work in order and then hoping the 2nd time is the charm. If not, repeat the steps above... Gulp...
Last night around 6 o'clock, I noticed my heart was racing and my stomach was in knots... I think they're here to stay. To stay until Little Bee is officially ours and we're officially his parents. I hope with all of my being it will be next Tuesday, December 1, but if not I know it will happen... eventually.
Until then I will let my optimism outweigh my pessimism and remain hopeful. Hopeful that one week from today we will officially be a family of three.
12 years ago
fingers crossed for the big day when you officially become a family!
ReplyDeletei am learning that those knotty stomachs and racing heartbeats are just part of this process. :)