This past week seems like it went by lightening fast, however when I think about certain events, it seems like they were years ago...
Just over two months ago, right after we saw Little Bee's face for the first time, my dear friends Kelly and Ann, and my mom started planning a shower for me. Just around that time my dear friend Kellie booked plane tickets for her, her husband and her daughter to come to Colorado for my shower from Michigan. At the time, two months seemed so far away. Today, after their visit and my shower have come and gone, it seems like just yesterday the planning began. (Pictures and details of the most amazing shower ever will be coming soon)
I think time is what makes this waiting process so difficult... While I hate to admit it, the time since we first saw Little Bee's face has gone more quickly than I anticipated, however when I think about the months of waiting we have ahead of us, it seems so far away.
The hardest part is that two, three, or even four months is a blink of an eye in my world, but in Little Bee's world it's the difference between sitting up without assistance and sitting up on his own; the difference between living on formula only and beginning to eat solids; the difference between sitting up on his own and crawling. This is the part that makes my gut ache if I think about it too much, but soon enough, he'll be in our arms and this waiting that never ends will disappear and it will all seem to have passed in the blink of an eye...
Time, it's a funny thing.
12 years ago
YES! Well put. And, once he gets home, that time things will still baffle I imagine. They grow so quickly, but each day can seem like an eternity, depending on what's going on.
ReplyDeleteSO happy to be there with you all, even if it was only for a short time! Hopefully it made that week of waiting a little less painful.
Love
Kell
You captured the time issue so well. I wonder what that is all about. Little Bee will be with us soon, even though it is an eternity right now. We will just have to do our part to keep you busy..how is that costume for my little one coming anyway? YOu are the best, truly.
ReplyDeleteJust to add to the "time" conversation. My life is still measured by two predominent dates - the births of my two children. You will find that once you have a child, they are the best "time keepers" in the world! For years it seems like you measure their growth, both physical and intellectual,step after step, year after year, and then suddenly they're THERE, their grown in a twinkling of an eye! What a reminder to stay in the moment and savor each one! Even the waiting, there will never be another time quite like this.
ReplyDeleteCorrection! substitute "they're" for "their" in the third sentence. Oh I hate when I do that...
ReplyDeleteNancy...your...you're...so darn cute! :)
ReplyDeleteDarcy, you nailed it. Just think, Christmas is less than two months away so before we know it, the new year will be here and BIKILA too!! Hooray! Time does go by so fast. As I always say, enjoy your kid free time and then eat that little boy up with a spoon everyday he's in you arms!! :)