It has been so remarkable and such a joy to see Beko blossom over the past six months. He has taught us so much. Has made us smile so much. And, made us laugh so much. He's a truly amazing little boy. It's not to say we haven't had our challenges, but I think most of them have to do with Dave and me adjusting to being parents.
Bekila is now 16, almost 17 months old. He and we are so different than we were just 6 moths ago; just look at the difference in the photos.

July 19, 2010


A lot of the changes are due to normal child development and some are due to him becoming more comfortable with us and in his new surroundings. Some of the milestones to note are:
1.) He is not just walking but running and climbing. When he first started walking we had several parents say to us, "Your world will never be the same." I thought to myself, "I don't understand how it can be that much different than crawling." Well, now I do.
2.) He now has 5 teeth and a 6th just about to pop through.
3.) He LOVES being outdoors. Honestly, I think this is the number one reason this blogged has been so neglected. When I'm not working, we spend most of our time outside. If he's in a crabby mood, it immediately disappears when we go outside; A boy after my own heart. A lot of time has been spent mastering these steps in our back yard.


4.) He LOVES water. He plays in it at least once a day. His latest has been transferring water from a small cooler to the dog bowl 1/2 cup at a time. Needless to say it keeps him busy for a while. He also loves playing in the hose when he's able to; especially with Zoki. They're a good match for each other.

5.) He uses sign language. About 6 weeks ago, I thought I was going to pull my hair out because he was just following me around whining. We spent most of our time trying to figure out what he wanted and usually all three of us would end up frustrated. So, we decided to introduce sing language to see if it made a difference. First we introduced "more", then "all done", then "help" and "milk". Like magic his whining almost completely stopped and his self-confidence shot through the roof. It was really amazing to watch.
6.) His verbal ability has also started to take off. His words (with his pronunciation) include:
7.) He met his four cousins two weeks ago and feel in love. I don't think I've ever seen him laugh so hard, or hug so much. It brought tears to my eyes. Here he is with cousins Gabby and Norah.

8.) Dave's returning to work. He has his forth and hopefully final interview with a company here in the Springs tomorrow. We've found a nanny we're really excited about and think she's the perfect fit for our family. Tomorrow will be her and Beko's first time one on one together... I'm sure they'll do just fine.
I am sure there are a lot more milestones I'm missing and I know there is more reflecting to do, but this is what is top of mind for me right now... Our summer is slowing down now and I'm looking so very forward to spending time as our little family of three and seeing what the next 6 months has in store.
Beko, your dad and I are two of the luckiest people in the world to have you in our lives. Thank you for being who you are and sharing your joy and zest for life. You have taught, and I have no doubt will continue to teach us, so much. We love you very much, Little Man.
1.) He is not just walking but running and climbing. When he first started walking we had several parents say to us, "Your world will never be the same." I thought to myself, "I don't understand how it can be that much different than crawling." Well, now I do.
2.) He now has 5 teeth and a 6th just about to pop through.
3.) He LOVES being outdoors. Honestly, I think this is the number one reason this blogged has been so neglected. When I'm not working, we spend most of our time outside. If he's in a crabby mood, it immediately disappears when we go outside; A boy after my own heart. A lot of time has been spent mastering these steps in our back yard.


4.) He LOVES water. He plays in it at least once a day. His latest has been transferring water from a small cooler to the dog bowl 1/2 cup at a time. Needless to say it keeps him busy for a while. He also loves playing in the hose when he's able to; especially with Zoki. They're a good match for each other.

5.) He uses sign language. About 6 weeks ago, I thought I was going to pull my hair out because he was just following me around whining. We spent most of our time trying to figure out what he wanted and usually all three of us would end up frustrated. So, we decided to introduce sing language to see if it made a difference. First we introduced "more", then "all done", then "help" and "milk". Like magic his whining almost completely stopped and his self-confidence shot through the roof. It was really amazing to watch.
6.) His verbal ability has also started to take off. His words (with his pronunciation) include:
- Daddy = Daddy
- Doggy = Ogdy
- Ball = BAA
- Car = KA (said about 100 times/day anytime he sees anything with wheels)
- Flower = Hour
- Tree = Tee
- Hot = Hot (always whispered)
- Water = Wa
7.) He met his four cousins two weeks ago and feel in love. I don't think I've ever seen him laugh so hard, or hug so much. It brought tears to my eyes. Here he is with cousins Gabby and Norah.
8.) Dave's returning to work. He has his forth and hopefully final interview with a company here in the Springs tomorrow. We've found a nanny we're really excited about and think she's the perfect fit for our family. Tomorrow will be her and Beko's first time one on one together... I'm sure they'll do just fine.
I am sure there are a lot more milestones I'm missing and I know there is more reflecting to do, but this is what is top of mind for me right now... Our summer is slowing down now and I'm looking so very forward to spending time as our little family of three and seeing what the next 6 months has in store.
Beko, your dad and I are two of the luckiest people in the world to have you in our lives. Thank you for being who you are and sharing your joy and zest for life. You have taught, and I have no doubt will continue to teach us, so much. We love you very much, Little Man.
I could cry! It makes me so happy to know how much joy Beko has brought you. He is one lucky little boy and you and Dave are one lucky set of parents. Beko is adorable and it's amazing to hear about how much he has grown and changed.
ReplyDeleteBekila is gorgeous and obviously thriving. Congrats on six months as a family!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wonderful update. It is good to hear the news that all is well. You guys are awesome and we miss being around you and seeing you grow as a family!
ReplyDeleteYou two are awesome. Thanks for bring Beko into our lives.
ReplyDeleteYour love shows all over Bekila.
Just comparing the "first moment" photo to the recent ones says it all :) We are so glad to have Beko in our lives - I look forward to seeing him grow and change even more in the months to come!!
ReplyDeleteHooray, Darcy's back...back again! I love this post and it made me smile so, so much. Thank you. I can't get over how big he is. So cute. Can't wait to meet him at the end of the month. Love you.
ReplyDeletegreat post! Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to meet him and introduce him to Aidan.
ReplyDelete