On the eve of our departure, my emotions are whirling. It's one of those times I wish I could bottle up this moment for future reflection and use; one of those times where I am quite certain I'll never feel this way again... It's an amazing feeling.
I seem to transition from an ear-to-ear grin to tears in a matter of seconds, 95% of them are tears of joy and 5% is a mixture of nervousness, excitement, and a dab of fear mix in. I try to imagine what I'll feel like in approximately 72 hours when we see our boy for the first time. Will I cry? Will I laugh? Will I stare with my jaw on the floor in shock? Will Little Bee cry? Will he smile? Will he stare in shock and fear? Whatever our reactions might be, I trust it will be amazing and like nothing else we've ever experienced or felt before.
The time is finally here.
12 years ago
You've brought such happy tears to my eyes. Can't tell you enough just how excited we are for you. Travel safely. We love you. Kell, Blake and Anna
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! Have a blessed trip! I can't wait to see pictures of your boy in your arms!
ReplyDeleteYes. Travel safe, we cannot wait for your return and I agree that we cannot wait to see pictures (and of course the real deal) of Bikila in your arms! We have been so glad to be a part of your journey to parenthood and now we can't wait to be parents with you. You will be wonderful! We love you and will wait patiently and excitedly for your return!
ReplyDeleteCan't even begin to imagine what that first meeting will be like. One thing for sure....life will never be the same!
ReplyDeleteSafe and happy travels to you!
Safe travels and Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing all three of you when you get back!!!!
ReplyDelete-Kate & Paul
thinking of you on your journey. Hoping you have him in your arms soon.
ReplyDeleteCecilia
Darcy and Dave(and grandma Nancy!) We are WAITING to see those first pictures of you finally united with your boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited can't stand it...Nancy and Dave have a fabulous, safe adventure while you Darcy stay w/baby Bikila in your temporary nest!
All our love and a great big MWA!!!!
I'm checking your blog like crazy waiting for those first photos of you holding your sweet lil' man! I hope your adventure to Ethiopia is everything you hoped for and more. Thinking of all of you, sending good thoughts your way, and sending big hugs! xoxo
ReplyDeleteJust want you all to know we are thinking of you so much and waiting with baited breath for news of your safe arrival, and official "re-birth" of Bikila to his amazing parents. Love you all so much!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Loomis'