Monday, January 4, 2010

Babymoon

Is it me, or is this a new term? I hadn't heard it until a couple of months ago... I'm still trying to decide whether or not I like it. I like the idea, I'm just not sure if I like the term. Anyway, Dave and I took our 'babymoon' this past weekend. On our way home from Phoenix we stopped in Santa Fe, one of our favorite places on Earth, and spent a night at 10,000 Waves.

We were actually turned on to this little slice of heaven by my brother and his wife 3 years ago when we first moved back to Colorado and have returned three times since. We. Love. It.

When we realized we wouldn't be traveling to pick up Little Bee over the holidays we knew it would be the perfect getaway before becoming a family of three. Complete with a very nice room and 90 minutes in the most beautiful hot tub you can imagine.

Wally chilling on the day bed after an exhausting time in Phoenix. Yes, they allow dogs. They even put dog bed and treats in the room for them. All the more reason to love this place.

Our private Japanese style shower in our private tub "compound". You sit on that little wooden bench and fill that bucket up with a press of a button, then dump the water over your head. Surprisingly, it's a very nice way of showering.

Dave relaxing in his tub.

The view from our tubs back to the shower/sauna room.

After soaking and relaxing in our tub for 90 minutes, we ordered-in Indian food, opened a delicious bottle of wine, and lounged in our kimonos.

The cherry on top of our already perfect evening was checking our e-mail and getting a copy of Little Bee's birth certificate. His last name is officially Hurlbert and we are officially his parents. He is ours. We are his.

Here the picture that is stapled to his birth certificate... All kids coming home have their heads shaved. I miss his curls, but love seeing his perfect little round head. It makes his already perfect eyes and lips even more beautiful.

So, like I said, I'm not sure if I like the term "babymoon", but I do know I certainly liked ours'...

3 comments:

  1. How lovely! A much deserved break for the two of you.
    What a looker that Little Bee is!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so darn cute! Okay, so I've thought of some things you need to take: Pez machine (minus the candy), roll of scotch tape, glitter water ball (I'll send you one this week), little calculator or old remote control (anything with buttons), plastic Easter Egg or Silly Puddy contatiner, Puffs (Gerber or any other brand...Target carries an Organic low sugar one)...these are great because they instantly disovle in the mouth...great first solids/pratice picking up things with pincher fingures...mmmm...I keep thinking. The things above kept Axel happy on the airplane ride to Oregon. SOOOOO EXCITED! Love his new hair...lack there of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I'm glad you have some folks to share wisdom for the plane ride home and I can't wait for you guys to get settled in.

    Why do they shave their heads?

    love,
    sk

    ReplyDelete