Our friend Julie brought us the sweet teddy bear and balloons and my mom brought a delicious bottle of champagne... Here we are toasting to our little man.
It seems like almost immeadiately after getting the call we passed court, I felt like myself again for the first time in... well, three years I think. No more worry, no more self-pity, no more pessimism. What also seemed to come with the good news was a huge desire to be productive and get things off of my "to-do" list.
I thought we were pretty much finished with preparations around the house, but this weekend I think my nesting instincts kicked in full force... I decided the closets in the nursery needed painting, the storage room needed organizing, oh and we needed a bookshelf too! We also finished transitioning our basement into a guestroom, complete with a table that is able to fold down against the wall (Thanks, Babe!) and organized our camping gear and other random things that had been filling what is now Bikila's room. Tonight we finalized our travel plans, tickets will be booked in the morning, and pulled together a little photo album to send for Bikila with a family that is traveling to pick up their son in just a couple of weeks...
My favorite project this past week was building a bookshelf for Bikila's room. I didn't actually built it which is probably why it was one of my favorite projects. Dave did. He has a new found passion for wood working and I'm loving it! Despite temperatures well below freezing, Dave bundled up and spent several hours outside on Saturday night and Sunday morning constructing his masterpiece, which by the way he created entirely on his own. We've stained it to match the rest of the furniture and now it's just awaiting a few coats of finish. No pictures of the final product yet, but they'll be coming soon.

I have a feeling this is the first of several productive and fun weeks ahead...
So excited for y'all!
ReplyDeletewow ... whirlwind indeed :-)
ReplyDeleteI have myself started to do more projects around the house and just recently reinstalled the kitchen sink and added a new faucet with sprayer, etc.. (the old one broke). My next big project is a loft bed. Before this year, we pretty much relied on my in-laws to come help with stuff like that.
The bookshelf does look very good!!! He even rounded the edges with a router.... pro bookshelf!!
:)
Go Dave!!!
I love a good nesting! :)
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL WORK DAVE!!!
The best kind of whirlwind! Enjoy every minute of your preparation for your Little Bee. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat Job, Dave!! I'm impressed. Hope you guys are having a blast with the preparations. Love, Kell
ReplyDelete