Tuesday, December 29, 2009

M.I.A.

I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks; busy working, finalizing travel plans and celebrating the holidays. All very fun and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. In just 21 days we'll be in Ethiopia!

I've found myself at a loss for words over the past several weeks... There is so much spinning around in my head, mostly lists of things to do and things to pack before we leave, but also dreams of what our time in Ethiopia will be like and life after we get home. The dreams vary from pure excitement to pure fear. I'm sure reality will be the same.

Right now I'm in Arizona enjoying time with Dave's family. It's some much needed R&R before we truly embark on the largest part of this adoption journey.

2 comments:

  1. Been missing u hope to talk soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for updating the blog! Thank you and yes, I totally understand. It's a busy time of the year and I'm sure extra crazy for you. What you are experiencing about being nervous is so true for every new mom. Don't worry, your Mommy switch will turn on the second you first pick him up. Things will fall into place but yes, the first three months will be wild and crazy and awesome and all the above, below, the side ways...everything. You will do awesome!!! ("YOU" meaning both of you!!!!) BIG HUGS! Happy New Year! I love you.
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete